TheDepartment of Computer Science and Engineeringat PMECis renowned for imparting state of the art undergraduate education and preparing its students for real world challenges. We attract the brightest students from the country who score very high ranks in the JEE-Main, arguably the toughest entrance exam for any academic institution. Our alumni have done extremely well and the list of their achievements is too big to list here, which include managing top companies, designing revolutionary products, and contributing to fundamental research.
Some reasons why you should consider joining us :
Strong Undergraduate Program
· The undergraduate curriculum provides a strong foundation in all areas of computer science.
· The recently revised curriculum has reduced course load and greater emphasis on design and project work. It emphasizes the need for independent thinking and encourages students to get involved in interesting and novel projects. Further, a significant increase in the open category credits enables students to have a broad base and pursue interests and develop expertise in other areas like Mathematics, Communications, Computer Network, Image Processing, Robotics etc. in addition to core Computer Science.
· In addition to the course projects, a typical undergraduate student does two projects during his/her stay.
· The department has state of the art facilities for carrying out projects in computer graphics, vision, networks, distributed systems, hardware design and artificial intelligence, Image Processing, Social Networking, Andriod.
· Students are encouraged to come up with ideas on their own and the department provides all the facilities required to materialize those ideas into actual projects. Many of our student projects have won awards in various competitions. Our students also publish regularly in reputed journals and conferences.
· The undergraduate curriculum gives the students sufficient freedom to choose courses with emphasis on a particular area of computer science. The department has expertise in all the core areas of computer science and its faculty are well-known for their research activities.
Faculty Student Interaction:
· The department has a strong faculty from leading universities of India and active in research. The department also attracts a regular stream of visiting faculty members. Our faculty are diligently involved in training students and preparing them for the future ahead.
· The students interact freely with faculty on all matters related to studies. The curriculum gives them ample opportunity to work in close cooperation with any faculty member. Students are free to approach faculty for short term (a summer or a semester) project or long term projects.
· Students are actively involved in organizing various cultural activities.
PMEC is located in the heart of the vibrant and lively city of Berhampur, Odisha. It is conveniently located and well connected to all the attractions of the city including historical monuments, theatres, markets, parks. Many popular tourist locations like Gopalpur, Taratarini, Chilika lake are only a few hour drive from here.
Special Features of the Department:
The Students are imparted with cutting-edge technology, training and hands-on experience on live projects to meet the requirements of new age industries. The students are encouraged to participate in the global project competitions and also encouraged to publish their research work in national and international Journals/ Conferences. Students have participated and won many programming and modelling contests across the country. Students are participating and winners in Infosys Aspiration 2020, IBM TGMC, IIT/NIT tech fest, Google coding, TCS coding contest etc. Students have also participated in various international forums.
Areas of the Department which is good for Placement Purpose:
Programming Skills(C, C++, Java, Matlab, Python), Problem Solving Approaches (Data Structure and Algorithms), Designing of E-Commerce Solutions (.Net, PHP, J2EE, J2ME, Software Testing). For special and lateral Placement : Mobile application Development (Andriod App), Social Networking and Big Data Analysis( Hadoop) and cloud Computing.